PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Home of Photos in Dunnunda! Mk I
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2009, 22:36
Chimbu chuckles

Grandpa Aerotart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Points well made RS.

Well my South Island adventure is over and I am back in Brisvegas for 4 days working on my Bonanza before heading back to work for 10 days or so and then another weeks leave in Perth for more taildragging fun in another mate's newly imported C195.

This was my first trip to the South Island...it will NOT be the last. It's just the most spectacular place I have ever seen...and it changes constantly...fly 40nm and you could be in a different world but just as spectacular.

You'll possibly have noticed me laughing in unrestrained joy after each landing at Gorge river, Alabaster etc. I haven't had so much fun in an aeroplane since my PNG days ended over a decade ago. Thanks to Sarge's encyclopedic local knowledge it was relatively safe fun too.

The run into Makaroa...cant remember what this valley was called but Sarge said "remember the Kosipe Valley?" - Yes - "Turn up here, cross that saddle then turn right"

Last trip was an amazing flight down to the southern tip of NZ on a cloudless and smooth day before landing at Roger Monk's strip, cuppa at Sarge's cousin's place and then dropped off to QN to start home.

I'll certainly be back this time next year for another Tiki tour and more beer at the C180/185 annual Fly in...although next year I'll take a bit more leave and include some camping/fishing/hunting

Last edited by Chimbu chuckles; 15th Mar 2009 at 23:04.