PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Finningley AAITC
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2009, 21:46
baffy boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There was an ex Yorkshire Miner Eng Student on our course who really stood out from the crowd as a leader. Always willing to put himself before others and very enertaining without an ego. Probably the only person to do a 15 minute talk on changing tappets, bringing his own car engine into the classroom to use as a prop, oil and all. Even Lazz and Reves lost their cool and cracked up during that particular talk.

Conversly, it was noticeable that one or two other individuals became quiet and self contained on the hills putting very little into the team effort. Miraculously, they always seemed to come out of their shell in a big way when the DS were around watching and when it was their turn to lead. Two I can think of went to cranners and came back as AEO's.
Bidded Out, I wonder if you are speaking about Steve Askey on 119? One of the best blokes anyone could wish to meet. If you are I wouldn't mind following up on the rest of what you said. Even if if it's not the same course it's a bit strange that the one or two guys who put little into the team effort became AEO's. Not a little chip on a shoulder there somewhere is there?