PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Borders - Shaming
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2009, 18:53
Final 3 Greens

Qwertyplpop - you do not get it - FQTV like me don't care about you internal constraints or problems, as the reality is that the equivalent authorities in other countries provide a far higher service level.

I do not know whether it is a function of poor facilities, poor education of staff, lack of motivation, sub standard management or what, but the only time I will use a UK airport is when I am being paid to deliver an assignment there.

Then I accept the experience as part of the cost of doing business, bill for the work and export the money.

If I have to transit, its a case of anywhere but the UK.

That is my reality, the difference is that people like me can be net contributors of a substantial income stream for the UK in taxes on airline tickets, security and airport charges and corporation tax on airlines, whereas employees of the system are net withdrawers.

Call it narrow minded thinking if you wish, but unless your system offers a better experience, your country does not deserve the income stream when you cannot provide an equivalent serivce to Zurich.

If you have the time, look at Michael Porter's 'Competitive Advantage of Nations.'