PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How Do I Pay For Atpl!
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2009, 14:13
Grass strip basher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow lot of pent up aggression released there RobStob!... feeling a little nervous about something!? I don't care if you end up on your arse.... you have made your bed and will have to lie in it..... tempting other young naieve wanabees to run head first into training in potentially the worst recruitment market for decades and I will give you a "verbal slap" and make no apologies.

I am sure you spent many of your teenage hours thinking about how to get into aviaton and CTC is one of the best ways although even they are "going a bit Ryanair" with this new "flexi scheme". (Personally I spent most of my teenage years getting pissed and trying to get laid... but I digress that is another story).

Bottom line paying c60k plus 1-2 years of lost earnings in the current economic environment with limited to zero chance of a "permanent" job many would view as strange.... where as you think now is the "best time to train"..... I bet there ain't gonna be much of a pilot recruitment market next winter but hey hoo we will just have to wait and see.... things ain't shaping up too good so far.

Also sorry but I must ask.... it must be interesting when you meet the CTC course 6-9 months behind you knowing that in all probablility they will be taking your job when they graduate on the CTC "flexi-crew" scheme leaving you in the sh*t..... how does that discussion point go down over a beer with them??...... or when you discuss it with the CTC grads you will replace who are currently doing their 6 month stint on the line.... they will be left with a big debt and no job so you can do your 6 month stint?? See the problem.... how do you think experienced crew would feel about that? All genuine questions I am sure you considered in the yeeears you spent planning this....