PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Finding A Flying School
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2009, 12:48
Shiny_Pants

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been doing a lot of research recently on the whole 'Integrated V Modular' debate and i'm getting the impression that the airlines much prefer those applicants who have gone through the integrated route. Is this actually the case or is this simply promotional garbage from the FTO's who provide these integrated courses?

In addition to this i've heard that prospective employers look more favourably over those applicants who have remained with the same FTO from PPL through to ATPL as opposed to those who do opt for the modular route and gain their PPL through a local flyng school before progressing to one of the bigger FTOs for their commercial training.

Ultimately, i would like to think that i can go from zero hours to ATPL over the course of the next few years, however, i want to make sure that i give myself the best possible chances of making this a reality and, hopefully, making a change of career at the end of it all.

Unfortunately, due to work and financial commitments, the integrated course isn't available to me.