PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft hire in San Diego
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2009, 12:44
thatscaptaintou

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last year I went to San Diego and did about 65 hours building there. I was based at Montgomery Field (KMYF) and did it with San Diego Flight Center. I had a PA28 all to myself for 3 weeks, if I remember it was $88 p/h wet.

They mainly operate a Cessna fleet, though a Warrior could be brought in if you wanted. Current rates for the 172's are $90 p/h wet. If you want a contact there, could I recommend you speak to Dann Davis ([email protected]) He's a great bloke, thoroughly recommended and is part of the Golden Wings Flying Club, which has a wide range of aircraft available which are used by several flying clubs based at the airport.

Based on my experience, Montgomery is a cracking place to go. Sits north of Lindbergh and south of Miramar. It also lies in San Diego Class B airspace, so a really good opportunity to mix it up with the big boys as well as SoCal. Let me know if you want to know more, but from having been there myself, couldn't recommend a better place - I've got the pics to prove it!