PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QF Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2009, 12:15
PPRuNeUser0163

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Cadetship costs QF money, at least in the short term. All the money goes to the Unis and FTOs.

QF would only run the cadetship if they expected there to be jobs for the Cadets at the end of it. The Pilot Recruitment team isn't all bad evil people trying to ruin young, bright-eyed, students into a failed career
Im sorry, but please please please do your bloody research. You are totally wrong and its so apparent.

Im gonna back up Damo here. What the QF cadetship testing was during the latter parts of 2008 was a total cash grab- i was involved too in paying my money probably 600+ after interview, med etc and they knew a course wouldnt be run.

Put it this way- at least 1 of the qf recruiters from last year has been fired- it wasnt because they asked to be- some decisions made last year and with Qlink traineeship etc etc were extremely poor and now you have poor bastards on hold with Qlink who have left jobs in g/a to find their now out of work and cant find those jobs they once took for granted up in Broome or wherever.

Yes, I may sound cynical but Qantas would not have changed the terms and conditions of cadetship to what they are now- ie find your own work for 2 years and no guarantee of job at end of that if they were guaranteeing a job.