PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interview- What to wear
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2009, 08:21
FRQ Charlie Bravo

Location: ˙ǝqɐq ǝɯ ʇ,uıɐ ʇɐɥʇ 'sɔıʇɐqoɹǝɐ ɹoɟ uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɯɐu ɹıǝɥʇ ʇnd ǝɯos
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Never wear less than what the best dressed employee would wear.

Long sleeve pilot shirt with epaulettes (the straps upon which the bars are mounted), slacks (black or blue whatever suits the particular shirt), black dress shoes or tidy black work boots, clean-shaven, not too much **** in your hair (if any at all), whizz wheel and a pen firmly in breast pocket, logbook and headset in one hand (ready for a fly in the next 30 minutes) and the other hand ready for a handshake. Most importantly have a meaningful SMILE.

Whether or not you wear the bars is up to you. I wouldn't but the person I'm describing above (who got her appointment with the CP and Owner simply because she was dressed so damned ready for work when I opened the door) did.

At this point I have to say that despite all I said above you can't really go wrong with a suit and tie. I initially agreed with the Dr about being North of the Tropic of Capricorn but in hindsight such a well healed person would certainly make the right first impression... unless you're going for a mustering job then go with the pilot costume.

Good luck to anybody serious enough about their job hunt to consider this thread.

FRQ CB

PS I've also considered the whole Virgin no tie policy but I've come to the conclusion that if I ever get called in for an interview with them I'll still wear a tie and only take it off in invited to do so (in which case it'd be completely embarrassing to have a clip-on so please learn how to tie a tie gentlemen)... and no aeroplane tie tacks or cuff links.