PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Second Fake LAME Identifed
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2009, 03:26
Redstone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blaming management is one thing, but how many people actually knew and worked with these fake's, and why didn't they know he was full of it. Hell after 30 years in the industry I knew what courses all my mates were doing, what they had done and where they stood, to have any one of them suddenly announce that they were a LAME would have surprised everybody. Where was the vigilance on the hangar floor?
Nuked, I think you are missing the point. The fact is both of the gentlemen in question most definately sat Qantas company type courses. One a 744 the other a 767. Most fellow workers would then reasonably expect that at some time after the completion of said course that the chap would eventually submit required SOE, have initial licence issued, sit the company LAME induction course and then be in the system able to certify.

The argument here is that under the "brave new world" management team, the checks and balances of yesteryear were obviously not followed. For instance, the boss would have sighted your basics results as they were completed and checked you off on the list. Once ALL required basics completed then, and only then, were you considered for a type course but subject to the "show me your soe book" test. (I know a certain manager in Sydney lamented years ago because he had so many guys that he had put on course with outstanding credits, and because they had F.A. soe when put into the school, he was still low on coverege.) If soe not around 75%, forget it, next in line......

Now, the eQ system takes over and managers rely very heavily on it, even though there probably less control on info stored within.