PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easa Licence , Same In All EU Countrys ?
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2009, 18:35
UK.AME

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I See The Point

I see that sometimes there's a lot of exemptions for persons that has few years in aviation , the heavy of this fact is that some "brand new" mechanics , not with yet two years in A/C industry , can take is "own country rules examination" and held an EASA full Licence ; without any Part 66 basic training , and , even when they have options to reduce his experience , not untill 2 years , that would be with a full time part 147 training . So , the thing is , that we have a lot of "EASA LICENCED ENGINEERS" that even know wath is the Part 66 or a 147 centre , no Human factors knowledge ( and we have to paid for that every two years) , and now , with the close of some companies like Futura , Vueling ( maintenance goes to Iberia ) , and in the nexts days Spanair , we will have a lot of competition , in a non equal conditions ; the major of this guys have full B1.1 to .4 , and they never seen an helicopter ; i dont know , i mean , someone has to say something to EASA , now i found that they are "EASA" approved releasing his limitations , with a joke examination hanged on the Spanish CAA web site with the Questions and Answers in Bold ; and they release his restrictions !!! ; the pass mark for mod. 11.18 was about 100%, and for Mod 5 was like 98% , and they still are complaining .... I don't know , maybe we have to be happy that when there's any offer in middle East , they put "EASA Part 66 Licence Released by UKCAA " , that's all that we have by now. Cheers everybody and have a good shift.