PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easa Licence , Same In All EU Countrys ?
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2009, 15:12
BAe146s make me cry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

UK.AME

EASA certainly does NOT represent one standard. It is however
supposed to but actually has NO legal powers to enforce any regulation.
The EC has the powers to enforce regulations but needs 'Technical Guidance' from EASA. This has in fact occurred recently - 'EASA being
externally forced into action' - from my insider.

Each NAA can therefore interpret any regulation they see fit to
suit their own requirements. Such as Cat A staff with B1/B2 equivalent
ATA104 Level III approvals in Line Mx AND in Base Mx, authorised yet non-licenced staff signing cards off. leaving the final release to the 'C' Certifier - yes, just one EASA Part 66 qualified individual releasing the aircraft from base mx. Now, think of all the Structural, Flying Controls/Surfaces, Engine, MLG/NLG, APU, Avionics, Cabin, Seats, Galleys, IFE, Cargo Bay, GVI/DVI
/NDT inspections/tasks/mods/adjustments (Dup's/RIIs/Closing insp??) undertaken during the average Base Mx visit, a fair number vital. All without B1/B2 support staff?? I would NOT want that 'C' Cert's job...

Vortechs

Unfortunately, the UKCAA do not escape the EASA standards row.
The BA/FAA Authorised Personnel saga continues with quite a few senior
UKCAA Staff now revealed as liars to the UK government TSC. All to cover up BA's commercial requirement for 20+ personnel to be converted to B1 WITHOUT ANY EXAMINATION. Pre-agreed definitions through Italy's ENAC for the 4 x Rome based BA personnel allowed for Cat A issue only, Not B1.1 issue - restricted or otherwise. EASA itself has findings raised against these particular UKCAA 20+ conversions for lack of required conversion reports but still remain without correction (Like so many EASA findings on other NAAs).

If you have not already, have a good read of this month's ALAE's Tech Log. Please support the AEI / ALAE (1981) in pressing for & enforcing higher standards upon all NAA's and respective Part 145 & 147, Part M organisations from EASA & the EC. The airworthiness of EC registered
aircraft and our futures depend on applying higher standards, not eroding them.

BAe146

www.alae.org www.airengineers.org

Last edited by BAe146s make me cry; 14th Mar 2009 at 15:30. Reason: Spelling