PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gyrocopter involved in murder charge
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2009, 15:07
nigelh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To all of you who keep going back to the height , was it legal was it not , that is irrelevent . if it was legal , then we have more to worry about as birddog says , we will end up with even more red tape and laws . Is that want we want ? The 500ft rule works quite well as a bench mark and it would be a great shame if the stupidity of others makes it need to be reworked . Obviously you are going to make a nuisance of yourself following people and spying on them , even at 1,000 ft If i hovered outside Van whats his names house @ 1,000ft with a zoom lense looking through his bedroom window checking he was doing nothing illegal , or immoral , i guess he would like the power to stop me ?? Do not forget ...these people have every right to hunt just as you have the4 right to fish or indulge in other past times . I have even had a pm from one ppruner who is obviously a rabid anti , yet he shoots and fishes next time he gets his rod out i will send a squadron of r22,s to hovver over him @ 501 ft
We, the flying community , either condemn this sort of behaviour without reservation or we may well lose a lot of the freedoms we take for granted .
example . I have to fly an MD 500 ifr , airways ,Min Alt FL 12 to cross Egypt next month , no deviation no vfr . Same for Sudan , Ethiopia etc etc We are very lucky to ave the freedoms we currently have .