PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2009, 13:34
MamaPut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Despite the best efforts of some managers, it seems that the Aero Lagos management are determined to try and do everything to scuttle the helicopter operation as well as the rest of the company . What on earth is getting rid of the Dash 8's going to do? I'm sure clients like Total, Agip and Chevron will be most impressed - not . With Evergreen poised in the wings ready to come in here this year and partnering with Virgin (if they last ) I can see them offering a turn key fixed wing and rotary service and Aero losing the Agip and Total contracts in the next year or two and what will they have left then?

What's happened to Caverton's Bell 412s? After all the hype about 5 brand new ones on the way, it all seems to have gone very quiet. Oh, wait, we're talking about Caverton here aren't we . I guess Neverpay are maybe finding it harder than they thought to get set up here too

Bristow still seem to be holding their own, but what will happen to the helicopters on Snake Island when Shell pull out of there? Maybe the old Super Pumas can go to Port Harcourt where Bristow has its newest and its oldest helicopters in the country?

I guess the world financial crisis is now having a visible effect in Nigeria too.