PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easa Licence , Same In All EU Countrys ?
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2009, 11:16
UK.AME

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Easa Licence , Same In All EU Countrys ?

Last year in one of mine short courses , i hear about how some countrys giving his National Licences under EASA approval , but with some really differents requirements ; the worst case is in Spain , they still keep the old way (yeah, in 2009 !) , but in his licences they put "EASA" ; some kids with 22 or 23 years maybe , doing a one year and a half course in some "Recognised by the Spanish CAA (DGAC i think) School " and then doing some "Practical examination" , that basically consist in say "yes sir!" to some militar Instructor , and give'em some presents from his friends in his job ; thats it , they have a full "EASA" B1.1 , B1.2 , B1.3 and B1.4 !!!! Is that fare for us ? All the AME in UK (nationals and foreigners , that is my case ) we all have this tough process to pass , even if we have olds licences , we has to pass this conversion schemes , and they pretend to keep this method untill 2011 !! , i mean , can we say something to EASA ? Should we be same payed as they are ? Is not EASA one Standard of Quality ? can someone check that for me , i want that this complain get to the EASA ears , and do something , is not fare for us .....