PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crew Travel in Europe
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2009, 11:11
B737NG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UK-Jumpseat

Well saight : UK is a class on its own...... and for all jealous people who ask if I we ( Aircrew ) want to have a salary for that: NO but remember it was a common courtesy and practice that WE (Aircrew) help each other in any case, in the Sky, on the Ground and whenever needed. I see myself obligated to offer Jumpseats when there is any Crewmember stranded due to overbooking or something else.

If you are holding a Z-Fare ticket as backup you can eliminate the argument and ongoing hassle with some Groundstaff in West-Europe and UK about the Insurance and other excuses.... It is sometimes a joke to wait aftercheck in is closed until a STBY ticket is exchanged for a Boarding Pass - PAD travel means Passenger Available for Deboarding. If I get a boarding Pass to go to pass security checks, long cues, wait at the Gate until check in is closed the complete process is faster. In Paris I have to wait until check in is closed, pass the cues somehow and rush to the Gate to go on board almost in the last minute. I lived 4 years in France and I could not seen the benefit of that, TLS was better: Go to the Gate and wait until we assign your seat. If that flight was overbooked I knew that before, with STBY tickets you do not gamble, you try to get on and away, mostly Home.....

Fly safe and land happy

NG