PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Borders - Shaming
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2009, 06:07
Final 3 Greens

Qwertyplop

Queuing times for example - they are monitored and the port operator is invited to measure these times themselves. They are also invited to comment upon these times as well. As it's a Key Performance Indicator, the results are taken seriously and a dialogue is established if it falls short.
But the acid test is do things improve as a result?

No space for the essential work of state but plenty for Thomas Pink to flog shirts.
When all the desks are occupied, you might have a valid point, however there are plenty of times when they are not.

Once again, I need to bring you back into reality by pointing out that frequent travellers don't care which part of the total experience causes it to be painful, we judge the whole and vote with our feet.

Ultimately, people like me have a choice where to connect; for example, I have to book a trip to the middle east next week.

Should I (a) connect at Zurich, where the system always works smoothly or (b) transit via London? Well that was an easy one, looks like another opportunity to buy some duty free Toblerone.

And I think that you should also recognise that Capot started this thread by pointing out the deficiencies of the port operator, not the border authority.