PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fly540
Thread: Fly540
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2009, 18:37
JTrain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been watching them from afar, and have no first hand experience with them.

That being said - I am surprisingly impressed with what I see them doing. I referred a friend to them this past summer to fly EBB NBO, and he was impressed with the price and the service. I hope to travel with them this summer coming.

There are virtually no low-cost carriers in Africa, but Fly540 really seem to know what they're doing in East Africa and have established a nice niche for themselves. Their fares are usually cheaper than the competition (Kenya Airways, Air Uganda, RwandAir Express, Precision) and their service is quite decent.

In terms of "hearing about them" - surprisingly little is mentioned about Fly540 on this board, which is probably a good thing as most operators have some dirty laundry which usually gets aired in a very nasty way. Must mean folks are reasonably happy there, and maintenance standards are decent. I believe they have a mix of ATRs and Dash 8s, and hopefully they could consolidate on one fleet type, would probably facilitate their logistics.

Cheers, from one Canuck to another.

JT

Last edited by JTrain; 13th Mar 2009 at 19:02.