PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2009, 16:28
tucumseh

Received 172 Likes on 65 Posts
Chug, it’s ok, we know the MoD’s view, and that of their apologists.

Caz has a point; I only have contemporaneous notes of that December 1992 incident, although there are 9 other witnesses – 2 Air Cdre’s (one of whom looked extremely nervous and didn’t want to be there) and 7 other civvys, all senior to me and, as far as I know, still alive. I never really got a word in, as they all erupted and gave the AVM an earful. My annual report mentions the incident though, in a supportive way.

However, the subsequent audit reports that supported me are available in the official record, as is the reason why they were initiated – to prove the AVM wrong. The 1* who initiated the main audit (i.e. stood against his immediate boss on my behalf) is still serving. (Thanks MW, you know who you are).

But of course that’s the least of it, because a host of other senior staffs have kept faith with the AVM’s ruling, and continue to have top level support.

That’s why people have died. It's also why MoD wastes countless millions each year, so is unable to afford the various components of airworthiness that have been ruled optional or unaffordable.

PS I can confirm the AVM and his 1* bagmen had breakfast, lunch and dinner that day.