PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gyrocopter involved in murder charge
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2009, 14:59
VP959

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by nigelh
VP You may be a country squire but ...quote " provided that they do not upset others in the course of their activity." is just quite an odd thing to say ...... football upsets me , especially the players , so should it be banned ?
A lot of imported religeous things upset me ...ban them ? I really dont like moustaches either .........hunting , wearing fur coats , testing drugs on certain animals etc etc are all legal but obviously DO upset people ...and those people just happen to be mainly made up from the less educated in our society and see nothing wrong in using extreme violence in promoting their cause . This all boils down to the good old british class system and , as SAS says ,living on a small island on top of each other .
First off, I'm far from being a "country squire" but even if I was, what would it matter?

Secondly, what's your problem with my perfectly innocent observations?

Finally, just to clarify things, my view is that people should be allowed to partake in whatever pastime they wish (including flying) as long as they do it responsibly and take heed of the need to be considerate to others (which is what I meant by the phrase you chose to misconstrue).

If people want to hunt, then that's fine by me, as long as they don't trample my garden in the process. If people want to protest about what they see as animal cruelty then that's equally fine by me, as long as they don't inconvenience me in the process.

Originally Posted by chester2005
Fact 1 Someone has died RIP.
Fact 2 An aircraft was seen following/observing a hunt
Fact 3 Access to an airfield is for authorised users only

Speculation; The pilot broke Rule 5/flew below 500ft
The pilot attempted to injure someone

Hearsay; The pilot was harassing the hunt (subjective opinion)

This country does have a policy of "innocent until proven guilty"
and trial by a jury.
Surely it is now up to the legal system to arrive at the correct conclusion?
Excellent points. Perhaps now is the time to let the legal system do it's stuff and see what transpires, as you conclude.

VP