PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Sponsorship
Thread: BA Sponsorship
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2009, 13:36
skyhighbird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Corsair,

as you posted on a public forum, I took the liberty of copying and pasting your post of which I hope you don't mind.

You are right there is nothing wrong with BA and whoever if they wish to ignore the thousand low hour cadets out there. That is up to them - just like it is up to MO'L to squeeze every penny out of cadets.

However I am annoyed by the very reasons you mentioned - the perception that the BA pilots are an elite force.

Re-heat's reply (which I quoted in my rant) illustrated my point perfectly. Weird and wonderful management words stringed together to make some nonsense paragraph that only fuelled my rant.

However I am here to learn and would be very grateful to have a translation of exactly what Re-heat said. Please - don't wrap it up in cotton wool. Tell it how you feel

I was also amazed at the contradiction.

BA have an aversion to cadets not having a back up plan and beting it all - i.e integrated.

So in that case, surely the mod guy who had a house, family and kids to support, full time job, distance learning ATPL and all the organisation that goes along with that is the best candidate for BA? I'd rather be sitting next to that guy with all those life expereinces than the 19-25 year old who went straight into integrated training who can only tell stories about the time they went to the pub.

Am I missing something here?