PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thanks ...
Thread: Thanks ...
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2002, 01:15
Wizofoz

Location: Boldly going where no split infinitive has gone before..
Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts
Goondi,

I'm sorry we have to converse in between rants from that tosser 411a.

Please believe I have the utmost sympathy for your position and DO NOT think you or your mates deserved your sackings. They were totaly motivated by power mongering on the part of Cathay management. My problem with the ban is it is using less financailly able, less qualified pilots as sacrificial lambs in your dispute.

To answer your queries:-

1. IFALPA instigated the ban on your behalf at your request.

2. Obviously you are fairly senior or you would have corrected me, but even someone with 2 years at Cathay is in a better position than someone with 5 years flying a 206 out of Kunanurra

3. Anyone who joins under the ban has been quite overtly threatened with a Scab title and ostricisation. Read your own last comment. If that's not a threat, I don't know what is.

4. See my opening comments. You got screwed. It's a discrace. But is it right to use the careers of people you've never met as weapons in your fight?

5. I doubt that you can't find another job because you're a 49er. There are thousands of pilots out of work. You are in the same position you want to put Cathay aspirants in, just another pilot in a tough job market. If you are offered another job, and a ban is put on your accepting it, how will you feel?

6. It is arogant in the extreme to lecture others as to what is or isn't moral. Have patients? Easy for you to say, as your association is paying you. Will you in turn lend financial support to an out of work pilot who throws away their chance to work for Cathay? I doubt it.

7. "Management don't like it". Well that's all right them. Guys will have a rosy inner glow about that while their house gets re-possessed.

I consider the ban immoral. Why not take direct industrial action against Cathay? Because you may suffer consequences. Solution, have others fight the battles for you.

Not the action of honourable professtionals

Edited because I can't spell

Last edited by Wizofoz; 30th Apr 2002 at 06:13.