PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Grows in 2009/New Destinations Merged
Old 13th Mar 2009, 11:35
mini cooper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Freighter being delivered at the end of the month -crewed partly by freighter boys fresh out of training, it must be as good as it gets: new on type + get hands on brand new a/c, good for them - at least they now how to cook the food and make coffee for the 2 main line guys!!!! (how many will bite at that?)

As for expansion, we have to expand as we can't afford to pay the massive penalties for not taking the aircraft ordered - that's oficial. Hence why we have to work harder, more aircraft but frozen recruitment - I can see the problem with that cunning plan already - they never learn!!!

As for canada the airline structure has always been dodgy, so they will try to protect Air Canada as much as possible. No one likes to see a national carrier go down the tube, however in the current climate I'm not sure it will be able to survive, unless there is a large amount of help from the government, but they have enough problems to deal with without having to bail out Air Canada. So if it does fold there will be a large void, hence they will need someone else flying in, so give them time and I'm sure they will let EK in - how else will all the canadian national indians get their extended families out there!!!