PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEW UAE BMI Medical rules
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2009, 07:28
Old King Coal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

The nonsense of this GCAA BMI thing is that I could start smoking (which would help me loose weight... on the reverse of the principle that smokers nearly always gain weight when they stop, eh?!)... I'd then be nicely svelte, for which the GCAA would tick the BMI box. Righteeho, so who's got the matches and the Woodbine's ?!

Imho, the folks you've got to feel sorry for are those who drop dead whilst running a marathon; With hindsight I'll bet the silly sods would rather have walked down to the boozer, tucked into a Ploughmans, downed a few pints... and then they'd probably still be here; instead of looking ever-so-trim in their coffins, eh?!

Cheers and good health!

Ps. Khaosai, wrt boxers BMI, have a look at the last 6 fights of Joe Bugner (which is apt, as today - 13th March - is his birthday) :
  • 49 yrs of age, BMI 33.2, beat Levi Billups in the 9th round (the latter was disqualified)
  • 49 yrs of age, BMI 31.8, beat James 'Bonecrusher' Smith (who was 20lb heavier than Bugner!) in the 1st round with a technical knockout!
  • 49 yrs of age, BMI 31.6, beat Bob Mirovic after the full 12 rounds based on a split decision
  • 48 yrs of age, BMI 31.8, beat Colin Wilson after the full 12 rounds unanimously on points
  • 47 yrs of age, BMI 33.2, beat Waisiki Ligaloa after 7 rounds with a technical knockout
  • 46 yrs of age, BMI 31.6, beat Young Haumona after 5 rounds with a knockout!
Whilst he'd obviously be classed as too fat to pass the GCAA medical... I'd rather be buggered than get in the ring with 'fatso' Bugner !