PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gyrocopter involved in murder charge
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2009, 07:11
VP959

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
You are therefore assuming that the nearest object to the gyro was the camera when in fact the distance from the camera is irrelevant in terms of distance from other possible 3rd party objects which may well have put the aircraft in contravention of rule 5.
There is unfortunately no ground object in the photo that can be used to determine accurately a height.
The photo was, allegedly, being used by the hunt to show that the gyro was breaking the law. In fact it does no such thing, as shown by this simple arithmetic.

The height isn't relevant, as the rule is distance from, not height above, the gyro could perfectly legally be at low level but with adequate horizontal separation, I beleive.

AFAIK there were not enough people in this gathering to impose an absolute height above ground limit.

It may well be that the gyro broke the law at some point, all I have pointed out is that the photograph produced doesn't prove or support this view.

VP you seem very determined to put the blame on the deceased . Does this have anything to do with your own views regarding hunting by any chance ??
I cannot see any evidence to support that view in anything I have posted, nigelh. I happen to be agnostic with regard to the issue of hunting; in my view people should just be allowed to get on with things they enjoy, provided that they do not upset others in the course of their activity.

For the record, I was brought up in the country (on a farm) and still live in a rural area, so am well acquainted with the activities of both sides of the hunting divide and, to some extent, understand their differing views.

VP