PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Good night and Good Luck!
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2009, 05:08
RAD_ALT_ALIVE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Woodeye (or anyone who can in fact answer on his behalf),

Can you answer me this one question that has been nagging me (and irritating about 550 others) for a while;

Why have you always persisted in referring to Jetstar as 'Qantas Jetstar'? As far as I know, it's registered as Jetstar Airways Ltd, and trades as Jetstar.

At a time when AIPA wanted/needed/hoped to win the hearts and minds of all pilots within the group, that very small quirk on your part (and let's face it, being on your part, and having printed it as such in the AIPA correspondence that went out to JQ AIPA members ((and of course all other AIPA members)), effectively meant that it was seen as AIPA policy to call it thus) added a very great deal to the suspicion in JQ pilots' minds regarding the veracity of the goodwill gestures emanating out of AIPA HQ.

So I thought I may as well ask it here (for no other reason than seeing you've stepped down has jogged my memory).

In any case, whether one likes the policy of any incumbent COM or not, there's no denying that those on it in general, and the leadership in particular, sacrifice a very great deal of their personal time to achieve what they believe is for the greater good of the group. And so, Ian, I thank you for your efforts. Let's hope that the drive to unify 'Group' pilots cranks up a gear or two so that all may benefit.

So long and good luck.