PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Good night and Good Luck!
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2009, 03:15
struggling

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good night and Good Luck!

Tried to post a reply on the Qantas pilots' chat room to the Qrewroom post below, but the thread has been locked.

Good night and Good Luck!

Posted without comment; Received by COM this morning.

Dear AIPA Committee Member,

RE: Good night and good luck

As I look back on my 10 years on the AIPA COM and where the organisation has come from and where it now finds itself, I can only conclude that the more some things change, the more they stay the same.

The spreading of false and/or misleading information is rampant within AIPA. Yes! I am aware that ‘Chinese Whisperers’ assert that not only was I going to make a ‘motza’ from Pilot Specific Super, but I have also received ‘kick backs’ from my employee share ownership endeavours. Both these assertions have no basis in fact and are absolutely false.

Suffice to say; had AIPA established as I intended, AIPA Financial Services, many more AIPA members could have benefited from my view that early 2008 was a good time to go to cash. Similarly, had certain people not run off to the ACTU and Qantas, the membership could now have the opportunity to buy into Qantas at rock bottom prices using salary sacrifice dollars.

The decision by the Executive to make the AIPA GM redundant on Thursday March 5 and not inform the COM at last Tuesday’s committee meeting should be ringing alarm bells. Add to this, apparent acceptance that it is: (1) OK not to support Ian Woods’ initiatives to protect pilots’ jobs and (2) OK for AIPA to get itself into a situation where it seemingly believes it is no longer necessary to wield meaningful political and commercial influence – and it should be clear that AIPA looks like it is being politically managed with scant regard for advancing the future interests of its members.

Given the above and the Executive’s apparent failure to understand, let alone acknowledge that:
• Should promotional opportunity for Mainliners to move from Qantas to Qantas Jetstar and back again not eventuate - mainline promotion will take a heavy hit in the years ahead,
• The demise of LHEBA Version 1 - means ‘whole of life real income ‘for Mainliners not yet captains, will be much less than it otherwise would have been,, and
• It is likely that Qantas will demand more flexibility from its pilots than what LHEBA 8 Version 1 offered.

I have concluded that I can do more to further the interests of Qantas and its pilots by standing down from this AIPA committee of management.
Good night and good luck

Ian Woods
It is the end of an era.