PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA recruitment
Thread: BA recruitment
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2002, 22:00
Hand Solo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow you really have got a chip on your shoulder Basil! This may spoil your rant Basil but the pilot industry does not work like every other industry, unless every other industry works on 'wait in turn' seniority. I can't think of any others, can you? Supply and demand doesn't work when its skewed by the golden handcuffs of seniority. Why shouldn't I think I'm worth more than my salary now? If Easyjet are paying more for people with the same qualifications and experience to do the same work as me is it because they are feeling particularly benevolent towards the pilot community, or because thats what they think the market rate is? There may be thousands of others waiting to step into my shoes and do my job for less, but they can't because we have a union and laws to prevent that, just like I can't go do the same to KLM or Lufthansa pilots, so your argument is totally and utterly irrelevant. If I wasn't happy I would **** off and do something else, probably my previous profession, especially as I now earn a quarter of what my former colleagues do. The world is a very harsh place, I enjoy what I do and I worked hard to get it, so I'm not going to let some embittered old whinger like you tell me I should earn less. As for pompous and arrogant, well you really should go back and read your own post.