PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gyrocopter involved in murder charge
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2009, 22:20
VP959

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
How does a "gentle giant" come to embroiled in an altercation with a "hunt protestor"?

It is so very British to not speak ill of the deceased, but I can't help feeling that anger and frustration on both sides played a part in this sorry tradegdy.
A work colleague is acquainted with the master of the Warwickshire. Mr Morse was described to me by my colleague as being very "passionate" about hunting. He was also, allegedly, upset by an accident to a young girl that happened on the 1st March, which he believed to have been precipitated by the actions of the gyro pilot. Although the girl wasn't badly hurt, it has been alleged that Mr Morse wanted to make his feelings known to the pilot.

Clearly he felt quite strongly about this, as he drove 10 or 11 miles across country to track the gyro down and confront the pilot.

Why on earth he didn't just go and see the pilot at his house instead is a mystery, a question that I would imagine members of his family must be asking themselves over and over again. It had to be so much safer than trying to tackle him in his aircraft on an active taxyway.

VP