PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2009, 21:44
Seldomfitforpurpose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Caz,

I am at a loss as to why you are continuing to ignore the written word of folk who have actual SH experience?

Please tell me how, and feel free to fall back on your wealth of experience with regards to SH Op's exactly how a helicopter pilot who has a collective lever in one hand, a cyclic stick in the other and his feet permanently sat on the yaw pedals actually manages to peel the wrappings from any of his buttie box contents and then eat them?

Tell me how the Crewman who is invariably sharing a rather cramped cabin with a full complement of troops, has a main door open with the GPMG deployed whilst scouring the area below for any small arms or man pad threat, at what point does he get to sit back and enjoy his white box?

Tell me how the guy in the left hand seat, Pilot or Nav, who was continually managing at least two radio's, whilst operating the Nav kit, running an extremely busy tasking programme and map reading often at less than a 100 feet was ever going to have time to enjoy his in flight rations.

Add to this that most of the time there was rarely more than 10 minutes between pick up and drop off and then consider that a whole swathe of this took place in the dark on NVG's, now tell me just how and when we were supposed to consume in flight rations in flight?

If I may offer you some serious advice Sir, continuing to try and fly this particular kite is making you look more and more silly with each post and stopping now would be a really good idea.