PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hockey Sticks
Thread: Hockey Sticks
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2009, 21:17
Geezers of Nazareth

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Quote:
On one occasion I was told that I could not take through a small bottle of water, so the following day I froze it until it was solid, and took that. When they questioned me about it, I pointed out that it was not a liquid, and got away with it.
This is just genius. Full marks.
Thanks, I do my best!

I have also 'got away with ...' a creme-caramel (as it's not a liquid), a trifle (also not a liquid), a full roast-dinner including gravy (I told them they were welcome to the gravy, but they had to 'extract' it from the meal), a fruit jelly, and a rice-pudding.

To be honest, once I've managed to get these things through, I'm generally not bothered any more. It's almost like a challenge, and I lose interest in it quite quickly once it's no longer a challenge.

Going back to the original point ...

A single snooker ball in a sock *WILL* knock you out. I've seen it (and heard it) happen and it is not a pretty site. In my view that's a sensible measure.

I agree, and I certainly wouldn't want to be on the receiving end. But the bloke had a whole box of them, not just one. They obviously have a pool table in their crew room, so all the BAA people had to do was make a simple phone-call.