PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Need some advise. PPL or Integrated?
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2002, 21:00
Pilot16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some advise. PPL or Integrated?

Hi

I need a little help, and I would appreciate your advise I was planning to go through the integrated method of flight training after I finish college in two years time (2004). I am at school at the moment. I have two options and I would like to know which would be better.

1) As I am so passionate in learning to fly, I can do my Private Pilot License course next year in the summer of 2003. Finance should not be a problem here. This is one year into college and I will do it in the summer holidays. This means I will have to wait another year to finish A Levels and then gain the rest of the licenses for the cpl.
(this is not integrated is it??!!)

2) Or I can begin all the training after college the integrated way.

Could there be any advantages in doing the PPL one year early?? Or could option 2 be better.

thanks in advance for your help

PS, and also I would appreciate if someone could clarify me on this matter...I know that with a JAA cpl license you are elligable for employment in any JAA member countries as a pilot. Does this mean it is NOT possible to gain employment with airlines in the middle east such as Emirates, GulfAir etc. with a JAA license ?