PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and Project Columbus II
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2009, 17:52
PC767

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
I've never operated a CAI flight so I cannot really answer what breaks are taken. I would image there is a maximum of an hour for breaks between service on this flight. I doubt crew will be changing into pjs and going to bed. And that will be a good day, I could imagine some flights were breaks are very short and hardly worthwhile.

On the TLV, however, it is as imagined for the CAI. We operate on a B767 which has three rest seats in the cabin. On the late flight a longer break is taken because the majority of our passengers are asleep. And by long I would say 40mins.

Breaks are at the discretion of the SCCM and the guidelines in our scheduling agreement suggest that a break of 20mins is the minimum for flights between 3 and 6 hours.

To add. This is not the type of flight which leads to arguments about flexibility and agreements. The trouble seems to stem from long range flights which generate box/overtime payments and agreements far beyond legal requirements.

Having worked for a charter company, and having friends who still do so, I understand how lucky I am to have a break. A friend operates, for charter, a TLV service there and back.