PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NetJets not in profit??
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2002, 20:28
Flintstone

Ah well. There's always one to prove you wrong, eh jersey

I've worked for Netjets for two years and have never been asked/enticed/ordered to carry a defect to a more 'suitable' destination and I have never been asked to compromise on safety. Quite the opposite in fact.

We go to the sim every six months which doesn't sound too bad to me. I know of several pilots who have needed some extra time in the sim on recurrent or intial courses and the company agreed to pay for it without question.

Yes, I have also heard of some pilots being fired but I don't know the facts (never believe Rumour Control) and so will not comment despite the 'R' in PPRuNe.

Unreturned phone calls and e-mail? Show me a company who doesn't have trouble with admin once in a while. Netjets is growing at an incredible rate, hiring a lot of new staff and some of them might take some time to find their feet. Instead of bitching at them I prefer to try and help them out. I'll need a favour myself one day.

I have no grounds for complaint. They've treated me well. Sure, I'd love a pay rise, company car, more holidays and all that but the way I look at it is this. I work six days on, five off. I get tremendous variety in my flying on modern machinery and meet nice, well mannered, people. I might not have the biggest paypacket in the world but I'll certainly not die of stress. In short, I value my quality of life.

I'm not saying I'll stay for ever either but for the foreseeable future this does me nicely, thank you.

No. I'm not management and no, I'm not trying to butter them up. With any luck they still don't know who I am