PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK - NATS Pay negotiations - latest rumours
Old 12th Mar 2009, 16:20
Hootin an a roarin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PS - you most certainly DO have to have an assessment AND in in depth interview about NSL, in order to either get an ATCO job at Heathrow OR TC ,
even moving between the "same" grade
No you don't.

If you actually read what I said I did not state that you didn't have to have an assessment, I said an interview. You do not have to be 'grilled' by 2 managers to become an ATCO2 at Heathrow whilst at Manc you do. And why? Your credentials are known and proven within the company it's just a change of airspace to learn and an increase in traffic. Why interview, it is not a management position. If you put your head up above the parapet and pass the assessment at LHR you are in London before your feet touch the ground. However when you did your assessment, force fed I believe by your current MATC which you stated at the time, you did not have an interview because there wasn't time. That however was a one off.

Grumpy

Again I never said anyone at Manc had chips on their shoulders. I was responding to accusations from others who point to people who might have been unsuccessful in getting into Manc and are then accused of having this.
If everything was above board there would be no bitterness but it hasn't always been like that over the years. When your ex GM sent out a memo stating only a maximum of 3 area controllers (if successfull) would be accepted that guaranteed 3 area controllers WOULD be accepted. Lo and behold.

I have nothing personal against the coal face workers at Manc but again state that your problems have been created by a pompous attitude and the big unit mentality which lies fairly and squarely at senior mangements feet.
Hope it all works out well for the coal face

Regards