PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyjet
Thread: easyjet
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2009, 15:24
TRon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone who knows who NSF is in easyJet or on our BALPA forum will know him to be widely be one of the most respected, reasoned and professional operators that we have here. His reputation is faultless to many of the people in easy who have never even met him.

Whenever I read one of his posts they are always balanced but with his own opinions as a caveat and I believe he has the rare talent to see two sides of every argument.

If you have taken his post to be offensive or in some way pompous I suggest that is you taking offense to some form of inferiority complex that seems to be fuelled by take off weight and how high you sit from the ground on your aeroplane. Fact is we will all look out of the window and look down on people. That's just human nature and we here aren't going to change that. I am sure BA guys look out of their 319 at our Orange dayglow paint scheme with a certain amount of disdain. Maybe they do, maybe many don't..I don't know and to be honest I don't really care. I try to go to work, enjoy it for what it is and not get too wound up about what I fly.

Fact is easyJet in their inifinite wisdom have decided a MTOW for Direct Entry Captain at the time they needed them and for non TRSS Direct Entry FO's. It was all on supply and demand. They probably turned away many many great operators with their rules and barriers to entry. Then so have many other airlines, but fact is it's their trainset we have to remember that...Now times have changed and according to WWW we are all going to spiral into years of debt ridden doom

All I know is my own experience, and whilst I might quite happily pass a sim, line training and line check on a new type LHS could I really honestly say I know it enough to command it? Yes maybe I could in my own mind and with confidence operate it safely....But am I being arrogant or confident or naive..I can't answer that and by not having an incident is that down to me primarily or the world that we live in now of automation and a strong safety culture... Standards, safety records and reliability are all far better then they have ever been (touch wood!) and the actual chances of an aircraft/crew related incident are very low.

Before you all start turning to NSF and saying he is being pompous have a little look inside yourselves and see the message he is conveying. Remember it is his opinion and you have yours and I guess the truth is somewhere in between. Where the truth is who knows, but that's above my pay grade for sure ..Oh well, off to Lyon in the Kyriad again for me..!