PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gyrocopter involved in murder charge
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2009, 14:33
Basil

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
vanHorck,
I'm taking the liberty of posting the following from The Horse & Hound website.
It is already in the public domain.
First of all I'd like to start off by saying I'm a family member of Trevor and thank you to all the kind messages and support that the family have received from people from all walks of life, it is a huge comfort.

I'd just like to point out a few things that have been mentioned in the press and on this forum and others on the internet.

Long Marston air strip isnt an active airfield as such and is used mainly as a strip for a car boot sale at weekends and in the summer for music festivals etc and is the site for where the proposed new eco town is to be built which will be known as Middle Quinton.

The gyrocopter that landed didnt have permission to land and refuel, and Trevor wasnt just walking across the strip at the time. For obvious reasons I cant go into any detail.

In the press its been stated that Trevors wife Caroline was present at Long Marston when he was Murdered and that he leaves Two children. Trevor wasnt even married, he didnt have any children and Caroline ( his long time partner ) wasnt there at the time and was actually at work unaware of what was happening.

The one thing they did get right in the press though was that Trevor really was a gentle giant and the countryside was his life, and the countryside will be a sadder place without Trev.