PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hockey Sticks
Thread: Hockey Sticks
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2009, 14:19
Geezers of Nazareth

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
It never ceases to amaze me with the number of different things that are now banned when going through 'security' to get airside.

I regularly take a pot of yoghurt with me in my lunch-box, and it's only been taken from me perhaps 2-3 times in the past 3 years. On one occasion I was told that I could not take through a small bottle of water, so the following day I froze it until it was solid, and took that. When they questioned me about it, I pointed out that it was not a liquid, and got away with it.

We can't take a can of soup/rice-pud/custard/beans/etc, but if we empty the contents into a tupperware container, then that's okay.
So that means that it must be the tin that is the offensive weapon, rather than the contents!

Regarding 'sporting goods' ... a few days ago I saw somebody trying to take through a full set of balls for a pool table. This wasn't a passenger, it was somebody who worked at the airport. He was told that it was a dangerous weapon ... he might put it in a sock and hit somebody!
So ... my foot is inside a sock, and I might kick you. That makes it a dangerous weapon, are you going to cyt my foot off each time I go to work?

In the past few days we've had to remove our belts, and now we have to remove our watches. However, at another nearby check-point, we don't have to! Can you guess which check-point I go to now?