PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ghost vs Acronis
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2009, 11:45
Guest 112233

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Being Serious for a change

Hello All. CATIII has been an Acronis V8 user under MS Windows ME and various flavours of XP (Pro, SP2, SP3 Etc) for the last five/Six years. and a user of Norton Products in various forms for the last 15 Years or so. I cannot vouch for later Vers > 8 of Acronis and I have no connection with the company. The program when installed properly and tested (please see the Gizmo article linked to earlier ) has got me out of the Dunnie on several occasions - including a virus attack where the MBR was trashed by the writing of Random data all through the MBR.
Please read the latter half of the Gizmo article about verifying and testing your software and backups -You WILL need to use backup software of some type for REAL at some time; usually when you least expect to.I have found Acronis support to be very good and Symantic's less useful in my experence. The only drawback with ACRONIS what I know of; was historically; support for mirrored drive systems (RAID) - someone better informed than me, will I hope; post to the thread on this issue.

Thanks everyone

CAT III

Last edited by Guest 112233; 12th Mar 2009 at 11:57. Reason: A bit Better eng Language.