PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Essendon Lunatics Again
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2009, 08:27
tobz92_ymen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i live within 500 metres of the the southern end of YMEN, and im also doing a PPL course there. This crap from Home - Close Essendon Airport Campaign has been going on for about a year now, and i've had enough.

This minority group says it is speaking on behalf of the majority, but how many people rocked up for their peaceful protest on Keilor Road ( Essendon/Niddrie) there was a little less than 50 people there, i wouldnt call this a community as on their website the CEAC (Close Essendon Airport Campaign) claim that they

"represent and express community sector opinion in regard to the best alternate use of the Essendon Airport site"

the only thing they represent is a bunch of idiots who are bored and want something to have a whinge about. And there claims about the bad odors of AVGAS are pathetic, living here for over 10 years have i smelt AVGAS fuel.

And if anyone has bothered to read the CEAC's submission to the General Manager of Essendon Airport, they will see that their arguments are flawed and contradict themselves, for e.g, one part their complaining that the security is weak and not of standard for a metropolitan airport, then to contradict this complaining that, the new Australia post building

"fails to integrate with the local area and it and parts of the airport look like a concentration camp with high fencing and lights "

the CEAC Submission is full of flaws and its only real argument that holds any strength is that of Aircraft Noise. There is a curfew from 11PM to 6AM, the CEAC argue that jets are taking off in the curfew time, if the CEAC had bothered to properly look into this matter that most, of the aircraft that leave in the curfew time are Air Ambulance Service aircraft carrying out critical flights which wait until 6AM as more often then not, most of these cases are a matter of life or death.

CEAC know what your talking about before you start making false arguments!!