PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Am I kidding myself..?
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2009, 08:05
Llen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't believe this thread - it's so refreshing!!!!

I'm in a very similar position, 34, good job but not my passion, already have a PPL gained in south africa. I regularly pop into PPRUNE and read lots of negative stuff about the older wanabees and the current climate.

It makes me question what I'm doing but this thread has given me the reassurance that I am doing the right thing!!

I've just begaun distance learning with Bristol GS - my target is completion by Jan 2011. I think this is reasonable given the job situation and balancing full time work, commute, life, etc.

Also just had first flight in over a year with Aeros at Filton (can highly recommend them). Plan to fly 3 hours every month. By Jan 2011 will have the required 150 hours to start CPL, etc.

Also, this period will allow me to save about 3/4 of the money to complete the training.

I think with a positive attitude and commitment it certainly can be done (as many before have proved) and I think us older wanabees can offer other softer skills that perhaps the younger whipper snappers may not possess.

Good luck to you all

Llen