PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V AUS How is it going??
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2009, 06:04
oicur12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keg,

“VAus probably isn't the 'top of the ladder'“

A totally subjective view point if ever there was one. What IS the top of the ladder Keg.

“. . . unless the individual has been o/s and made their fortune with CX or EK. . . “

And there are plenty of these guys out there, especially in SQ. They have just as much right to the labor market as the young whippersnapper trying to pay off a house.

“. . . results in them being paid about double what the VAus crew are paid.”

Do you think such a situation will last for ever?

“I'd take the 'garbage' . . . . “

Of course you would, your frame of reference is razor thin but more importantly you don’t need to work for Vaus. You would be ill advised to leave the sheltered workshop for a startup during these depressed times. But here’s the point Keg, there are folk out there who are in very different shoes to you.

Merlin,

“A thinking Australian Pilot with any credability would turn down any offer of employment based purely on the T&Cs on offer. Sure it would be nice to fly the 777 but on current conditions all your achieving is screwing up the Australian Aviation Industry even further.”

This is EXACTLY the same opinion a good friend of mine had right up until his contract in Asia was cancelled, owing to the downturn. Pragmatism has set in and he now holds a very different opinion (or maybe he just lacks credibility). Merlin, congratulations. You turned down Vaus. Were you unemployed at the time? I suspect you were not.

These are tough times that require an adjustment to ones opinion.

Last edited by oicur12; 12th Mar 2009 at 06:28.