PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ardmore worth it ?
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2009, 04:47
Sqwark2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
would you have any idea how to get into the operators good books? Any ideas?
probably the best way is to spend your money with them. I'd recommend looking at places that run commercial ops on the side. Places like Air Hawkes Bay run a student loan 3 yr programme, that get's you a business diploma, 700hrs in logbook and some multi ATO time. Flight Training Manawatu in fielding has it's commercial off shoot Air Manawatu that does charters and air ambulance. Air Wanganui run the Wanganui Aero Club and charters/air ambulance, and as already mentioned Mainland do training and charter as well as New Plymouth Aero Club and Air Gisborne.

think of it like a very long job interview. Spend time with the organisation, complete your training, and as long as you don't make a muppet of yourself there might be a job opportunity at the end of it. Having said that there is no sure fire way of doing and least of all there's no guarantees, no matter what the marketing speil is.

I trained at Ardmore airfield, took me 11 years part time to get my first fulltime job with 500hrs, 9 years later I'm about to tick over 6000....

Good luck with the research

S2K