PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA LAMPS Schedule...... Is it Good, Bad or a Pile of Poo?
Old 12th Mar 2009, 03:31
NutLoose

Received 3,006 Likes on 1,273 Posts
papa oscarCessnarepairman

The seat belts are not a recommendation, they have a component life and MUST be changed after this time. The reason is the natural degrading of the webbing used in original seatbelt webbing.
New/improved materials are used when re-webbed, so does the 10 year life still stand or not as the material used is of a better grade than that originally used?
BUT the same belts are installed in both the Cessna 150 and the Cessna 152....... as said in the other thread the 150 are lifed, the 152 are not......
We used to proof test belts, so why is that not the answer?
I have seen and replaced belts that are in a far worse state after a few years, than 10, also if the above statement is true, then why not reweb? as that is as people are saying not allowed.

Even though the likes of Pacific Scientific do their belts and offer an overhaul service in the UK, I have had lots done by them in the past as they cost 1/2 the new price and they do the inertia belts of the Pa28's as well, indeed in the past I have had a Surveyor ask me where to get them done!