PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - March 2009 - Instructing - what are we all getting paid
Old 11th Mar 2009, 23:17
RSFTO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Usual Trik

NEARLY THERE , you are very smart in using the usual trik of the logged hours but the true about it is:

IN AIRLINE OR CARGO OR AEROTAXI OR ANY PAID TRANSPORT BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT NOBODY GIVES ANY IMPORTANCE TO SINGLE ENGINE HOURS AS FI

the only one who makes money is the renter of the aircraft

I suspect that you are in busines with a flying school, may be you have one and hires FI with this usual trik

I have a policy : if I have to work as FI must be good monies:

as employed fixed salary based on 40 hours phisical presence per week at the FTO and I do not care what I have to do in those hours ( flying, cleaning, desk job, killing people, no wait, for that I get paid more) as long as I get paid netto in my hands every month at least 2500 euro netto clean in my hands plus benefit ( pensions and more)

as freelancer 1 euro or GBP per minute from when I show up until I get dismissed netto clean in my hands

May be if all FI would apply this all united , and believe me after the first week no aircraft flies, WE ALL WILL HAVE A BETTER LIVING

Do not fall for the fact that you log hours because at any selection the people who hires do not consider FI hous on single engine, not even on ME, and FI hours do not make you any better HANDLING pilot