PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2009, 22:44
ShyTorque

Avoid imitations

Location: Wandering the FIR and cyberspace often at highly unsociable times
Received 422 Likes on 222 Posts
Cazatou, everyone's views have some validity. However, as I've often felt obliged to point out before, you see things from a fixed VIP captain's (apparently rather blinkered and pampered) perspective. You seem to ignore inconvenient answers given to you by crews actually in role and theatre at the time. You seem to be very much prepared instead to blame the unfortunate crew for things that perhaps should be considered higher management issues. As did Messrs Day and Wratten.

What evidence is there that missing breakfast in the officers' mess was a cause of this accident? Do we know for certain that Jon Tapper's stomach was empty? Did he eat later, in the crew-room? I suspect he probably did, we all had to. Was there post mortem evidence of Tapper's judgement being affected by low blood sugar? Or, are you saying that the accident must have resulted from "negligence" by definition because the "breakfast regulation" wasn't followed to the letter?

I missed breakfast many times in NI for reasons beyond my pay scale, due to the demands of the operation. I flew mainly at night, for reasons I won't go into here. I have also been obliged to miss breakfast before flying many times since, in the civilian world, where there is no such regulation.