PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ahhhhhh....
Thread: Ahhhhhh....
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2009, 22:15
Stationair8

Received 74 Likes on 40 Posts
My point ITCZ, is that we all make mistakes the B717 crew laughed it off, ATS bloke said that it would cost them a carton with which the crew replied times are tough would he accept a six pack, the jet jockeys also passed on their thanks to the humble VFR driver.

No children, small animals were injured and life goes on!!!

No I don't drive a Emb120 for Air North, but I do transit through Gove and just remember turboprop fly slower and a very wide circuit if needed. By that I mean if it help's your guys get in first or fly a wder ciruit to expediate your depature .

Personally I am glad your passengers trust you, by the way you rant and rave on here and have a go at operators, I personally wouldn't get in a car with.

If you flew as a crew member in a Metro and maintained those high speed's until final or pulled the overspeed circuit breaker, perhaps you should have done something about it then like go to the Chief Pilot, management, CASA or were you to worried about keeping it all clean for a good reference for the dream job? Perhaps a liitle bedtime reading and background information on the Metro2/3/23 certification(which is readily available via google), would have caused an intelligent person to question why they risked their own neck and more importatntly the lives of their fare paying passengers. Even if you are sitting in the rhs seat as the glorified radio operator and flap operator your still a crew member of an RPT aircraft. You are a crew member of an RPT aircraft not a test pilot. Fying a clapped out old C210 overlaoded with newspaper's at the back of the clock and killing youself will probably make page 3 of the NT News, kill a plane load of fare paying passengers on an RPT flight and you will find yourself in the national media spotlight vey quickly.

See you in the Gove circuit area soon.

By the way the mob I work for like us to monitor at 60 nm from the non -controlled aerodrome, 1st call at 30 miles, 2nd call at 15 miles, 3rd call at 5 miles then a joining call in the circuit. Hope that's acceptable to you ITCZ, because that's what in the CASA approved ops manual which the company, Chief Pilot and C&T department spent a lot of time and money on.

Have a nice day, and if we are on the ground at Gove at the same time, I'll wonder over and say hello. That way we can put a face to the respective names.