PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gyrocopter involved in murder charge
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2009, 19:19
SASless

Received 510 Likes on 212 Posts
Bert,

We were asked politely not to go there as I recall.

Out of respect for that request I did not go there.

Why we should not recall that a "Professional Pilot" flying a Bell 412 with a load of Sky Divers at a height low enough to chop off the head of a photographer standing in the middle of a corn field at a time when an amateur Gyrocopter pilot was involved in a fatal accident where an individual died of head injuries escapes me.....but I was being polite.

The fact the FAA and the local authorities not only did not charge the 412 Pilot for any crime, or FAA violation and took no action of any kind should not reflect upon this incident where the Gyro Copter Pilot was immediately arrested on Murder Charges and held in custody.

Perhaps it is all chalk and cheese as the 412 Pilot was only showing his ass by hot dogging with passengers aboard his aircraft in full view of hundreds of folks and did so on multiple flights that day.....should not be considered grounds for criminal, civil, or license action by the authorities. After all....only one fellow got his head lopped off by a main rotor blade.

What the heck....it was an airshow of sorts wasn't it?

The photographer should not have been in the corn field playing gopher amongst the ears of corn and hiding in the tassles.....right? That will teach him to think one can stand upright in the vicinity of an airport.

Sometimes a dark night and a very large stick is the avenue towards positive change within society....shame it did not happen in the Rantoul case.

Sorry, Bert.....but I do not wish to go there.