PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2009, 17:13
Seldomfitforpurpose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Caz,

The great thing about real time experience is it gives one the ability to give a slightly more accurate and more representative spin on things. I acknowledge your 329 missions into Belfast Aldergrove but ask you to consider the following.

From Jan 92 to the end of 94 I was on 230 Sqn at Aldergrove. I worked a 21 day on and 7 day off shift pattern, factor in leave and I reckon I was available for flying duties for about 7 months or so each year so imagine how many approaches and departures to Aldergrove, Bessbrook, Dunganon etc etc do you reckon I would have been on board for in that time?

The above is not any sort of willy waving exercise it simply to show that I like so many others flew quite a bit in that theatre of Op's and I cannot recall one occasion in all that time where I got airborne with in flight rations on board, the odd choc bar or bag of crisps but in flight rations no, as at that time SH didn't work that way.

We also didn't need to take in flight as everywhere we went there was normally food of some sorts available and as previously described the was enough food to stock a small supermarket in the 230 Sqn crewroom.

For the last 11 years I have been a Herc ALM and know full well that not providing in flight for MCT is a hanging crime let alone not providing food for the 5000 on a route but SH was different so please, just this one time, be told.