PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fuel Tankering Economy
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2009, 16:52
Finzolas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Confession

CJ Driver,

I believe I am a little bit forward from the situation you describe.

Our flight planning system already computes automatically fuel tankering recommendation based on fuel price differences for the intended stations and cost of tankering.

Even if I assume this is the method used largely in the industry, fuel prices and cost of transport are not the sole parameters to take into account.

If you take into account additional costs (impossible to list al theses but let say heavier take off & landings weights, fuel service, parking fees, delays...), you can reverse the previous recommendation (which was only based on fuel price and cost of transport) and this is in my opinion, tragic.

Most of my colleagues argue that pilot experience will do the rest. I do not give up in building up a tool which helps pilots to take the decision based on a maximum of relevant parameters (we are a charter operator and this does not help)

My English is "not very good looking", sorry for that. I hope my situation is easier to understand now with the additional information I brought above.

Best regards,

Fin