PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RT Practical exam
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2009, 16:12
madgav

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RT Practical exam

Hi All,
I'm in the latter stages of my PPL training and wondering how to proceed with the RT practical exam. I've comlpleted 6 of the 7 written exams (all except RT) by personal study. I'm doing the same for the RT written exam which I need to get done before the end of April (due to the 18 month validity period - my first exam pass was on 19/10/07). If I read LASORS correcly the validity of the two RT exams is extended from 12 to 24 months for FRTOL issue, if I also complete the RT practical exam before the end of April.
I have the following options:
(1) Do the written exam, practice loads of calls and hope for the best in the practical exam;
(2) 3-day course held locally with group limited to 3 or 4 students (hence lots of personal tuition), but which costs £350 including the two exams;
(3) Online course such as Flight Radio Telephony Home Study Course, costs £150 but you have to wait 12 weeks for all of the lessons (which makes it a non starter for me).
Has anyone done an RT practical exam lately? What is the best way to go about it? I know what to expect with the written exams by now, but the practical exam is a bit of an unknown .
I posted this on my flying club's forum here, and got mixed responses.
Thanks
Gav.
My website
My PPL diary